PROJECT ENGINEERS (OSP/ISP TELECOM SERVICES)
There is an opening in our Dubai office for 2-3 experienced Project Engineers (OSP/ISP Telecom Services) to support the Project Manager and to help supervise all project activities using established Tarkeeb policies and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The successful candidate MUST have an attested university degree in Telecommunication or Electronics Engineering and at least 2-3 years’ experience within the UAE AND hold a valid UAE driver's license. Although not necessary, candidates with AutoCAD knowledge will be preferred.
At this time we are not recruiting from outside the UAE.
- Supports the Project Manager to ensure timely completion against schedule and budget including recommendations to increase resources in order to improve performance, when required;
- Ensures Project compliance with HSE and QA/QC Laws, Policies & Standards;
- Responsible for the Fibre Optic Team and Fibre Optic project phases including design, installation and termination;
- Must have knowledge of Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Structured Cabling System products;
- Must have knowledge of joining cable end termination using Splicing Machine and/or Glue and Polish for any type of fibre optic connector including ST, SC, LC, FCPC, for both Multimode & Single Mode, including testing by O.T.D.R. or Power Meter using 850, 1300, 1310, 1550 wavelength;
- Monitoring and updating the progress of all on-going projects and submit reports to Tarkeeb management on a daily and weekly basis, ensuring that all related quality standards are met;
- Determine scope, budget and schedules for OSP/ISP projects;
- Monitor and control expenses within allotted budgets;
- Complete the assigned projects within the defined scope and timelines;
- Handle fibre verification and mapping activities;
- Maintain records of fibre splicing and topography;
- Develop mitigation and restoration procedures for emergencies conditions such as fiber damages, power failures and other issues;
- Obtain Emirate-specific and/or local permits as required to execute OSP/ISP projects.