There is an immediate opening in our Dubai office for an experienced Documentation Officer / Assistant AutoCAD Draftsman to support our operation team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prior experience using AutoCAD Software;
- Although not required, prior knowledge and experience in Telecom, Electrical and/or ELV is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and Visio;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to concentrate on multiple problems/tasks at once;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Required to maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Assist in preparing final drawings by studying engineering sketches, specifications and supporting documents;
- Assist in developing a layout of the system, components, and parts;
- Assist in drawing multiple views of the system, components, and parts;
- Assist in depicting the relationship of components and parts;
- Assist in identifying dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, and materials;
- Assist in modifying drawings by studying changes and redrawing system, components and parts, changing identifications;
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information by conferring with engineers and other authorized personnel;
- Ability to generate a Bill or Material (BoM) or Bill of Quantity (BoQ) from drawings and/or specifications;
- Maintain a data base of drawings and ensuring backups are completed on a regular basis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred;
- Minimum two (2) years’ prior experience as an AutoCAD Draftsman and Documentation Officer, or similar position.