We are looking for a self-motivated and innovative technical product manager (TPM) who is passionate about building Smart Home product solutions that our customers will love & experience. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with crossfunctional teams to design, build and roll-out Smart Home Products / Solutions that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
As a TPM on our dynamic and driven team, you will be responsible for owning the development and delivery of new products by conducting market research, creating product timeframes and plans, Launching Company Branded Home Automation Products / Out Of the Box Solutions for our Customers to have a best in Class Smart Home Experience and crafting marketing strategies for our product / solution portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Conduct market research to identify customer needs for new Smart Home products & solutions.
- Establish requirements and specifications for existing and new Smart Home
- Procure & Engage with Smart Home Product Suppliers to be on company’s Unique Supplier List with approved pricing list and be the sole Distributor within the GCC Region
- Search, Qualify & Manage OutSourcing Installation partners to Install Home
Automation Products following ISO 9001:2015 and build acceptance criteria to commission the work following all civil norms and construction approved guidelines
- Identify, Setup & Maintain a Test Lab for New Home Automation Products to Qualify, validate and stress test the products prior to moving for Demo with the Customer
- Maintain a Demo Lab for Approved Home Automation Products for Customers to experience the Smart Home Solution
- Design & build custom Smart Home Solutions with the Customer based on the
approved layout of the residence to ensure all technical requirements are in
compliance with all construction & building norms
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience working with Raspberry Pi & Arduino related products
- Experience working with Internet of Things (IoT) Products for Residencial use such as Smart Switches, Speakers, Lights, Sensors
- Experience working with different Network Protocols such as Wifi, Bluetooth, MQTT, Zigbee & Zwave
- Technical knowledge of working with Tasmota, .JSON, Linux, Windows & MAC
- Thorough knowledge of working with Multiple SmartHome Ecosystems such as Amazon, Google & Apple
- Setting & Configuring Smart Home Hubs & Open Platform Systems such as
SmartThings, Hubitat, Apple TV, Homebridge, & HOOBS
- Ability to read and understand residential layouts or designs either in PDF or .DWG formats
- Knowledge of Small Office Home Office Network Setups & Configurations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of
conversational Arabic is a big plus.
- Experience transitioning from legacy software to new Smart Home technology.
- Ability to keep multiple projects, products, and requests organized and prioritized
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams comprised of Marketing, sales, Development & Engineering