SITE ENGINEER (OSP/ISP TELECOM SERVICES)
There is an immediate opening in our Dubai office for an experienced Site Engineer (OSP/ISP Telecom Services) required to support the Project Manager and Project Engineers and to help supervise all project activities using established Tarkeeb policies and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Timely completion of projects against schedule and budget;
- Make recommendations to increase resources in order to improve performance;
- Prepare BOQs, MOQs, PAC, FAC etc as required;
- Ensure project compliance with HSE, QA/AC laws and other applicable legislature;
- Responsible for all fibre Optic Team and fibre projects phases including design, installation, termination, etc;
- Must have knowledge of Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Structured Cabling System products plus knowledge of joining cable end termination using Splicing Machine, Glue and Polish for any type of Fibre Optic Connector such as: ST, SC, LC, FCPC, for both Multimode & Single Mode including testing by O.T.D.R. or Power Meter using 850, 1300, 1310, 1550 wavelength;
- Monitoring and updating the progress of the on-going project and submit reports to the Head Office on a daily or weekly basis, ensuring that all related quality standards are met.
- Handle fibre verification and mapping activities;
- Maintain records of fibre splicing and topography;
- Develop mitigation and restoration procedures for emergency conditions such as fiber damage, power failures and/or other issues;
- Conduct site visits and site surveys;
- Preparation of handover documents after site completion.
The successful candidate must have an attested university degree in Telecommunication or Electronics Engineering and at least 2-3 years’ experience within the UAE AND hold a valid UAE driver’s license. Although not necessary, candidates with AutoCAD knowledge will be preferred.
At this time we are not recruiting from outside the UAE.
PLEASE NOTE: Written confirmation that you hold a valid UAE driver’s license is required on your CV. Any CV received without this written confirmation will be destroyed.